Player Development Programme
As footballers, like other professionals, the vision we have is often limited to our expertise. To make informed decisions about the future, it’s crucial to have a 360 degree view of the industry.
• What are the real challenges the club managers, coaches, sport directors and club executives and business developers face?
• How is the transition from player to professional in football industry?
• What are the key principles to understand the football industry and club management?
• What kind of job opportunities can I have in football industry when finishing sport career?
These are some of the questions that many active footballers ask themselves when faced with the uncertainty of how to continue their professional career after their sporting career.
Regardless of the role within professional football, having a holistic view of the industry, including its key stakeholders, regulations, organisations and clubs, and the associated challenges, is essential for becoming a highly qualified professional in the field.
Based on the realities of the industry and the challenges of club management, the PFA Business School’s Player Development Program has been designed with a practical approach.
Lecturer: Philippe Senderos
Course Objectives and Target Audience
- Overview of the football industry and business
Overview of football institutions, their mission and regulations
- Media management in football industry
- Football broadcasting
- New era for scouting and how data analytics is affecting every area in sport
- From player to agent
- From player to entrepreneur
- Club management overview
- From player to football sport director
- Leadership from player to coach
- Football club business development management: Sponsoring and commercial development
- Finance management in football
- Scouting and recruiting management
- Medical, physiotherapy and rehab management in football
- Football Psychology Department Management
- EDI management in football
- The day after - from player to professional
- Emotional management
- What kind of professionals are the football clubs looking for
- Private finance and wealth management
- Keys of personal taxation in sport and image rights management
- Social media management and personal branding